Monday, March 21, 2011

Another New Beginning

I met my birth father for the first time yesterday.  My parents, Rem, and I drove up to Des Moines Iowa early in the morning in order to meet Matt and his family.  Rem and I somehow managed to squeeze ourselves into a reclining position together in the back and slept most of the way there.  We all met up at a local Mexican restaurant.  It was slightly awkward at first and I could tell Matt was really nervous, but things became less awkward as the day progressed. 

After lunch, we all went back to their house and looked at tons of old photographs.  It was a really good time of just relaxing and getting to know each other.  It helped to have my family and Rem there.  His daughters seemed nice, but I kept noticing the oldest one, Sarah, staring at me.  Not that I minded.  If I suddenly had an older half sister, I'd probably be staring at her too.  They seem like a normal family and his wife Anna is especially sweet.  She was adopted too, so it was nice having someone else there that knew what I was feeling and going through at the moment.  She hasn't searched for her birth father yet, but said that I had inspired her to do so.  I thought that was a nice thing to say.

Matt seems very interested and eager to come visit me in KC this summer.  I am glad that he was so open to having me in his life.  He'd literally been thinking about finding me for years!

Anyway, I'm enjoying my last real break before heading back to school for 8 months straight!  I hope I can make it and don't get burned out!  And leaving Rem again will be hard again, I'm sure.  I'm trying not to think about it yet - just enjoying his nearness now.  Speaking of, I feel the need to cuddle coming on so I'm going to have to cut this short and cozy on up to my man.  Later all!    :)

No comments:

Post a Comment