Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I need a man

I wrote this while I was driving home from KC this past Sunday night. I wasn't feeling particularly lonely or desirous of a boyfriend. This just kind of seemed to come together in my head as a drove, so I thought I'd better make a memo so I wouldn't forget what I was thinking at the time. Here it is unedited.

I want a man willing to risk his life, never his reputation or honor. Someone who will gamble with his heart and not his wallet. I want a man with a vision and a willingness to incorporate my dreams and abilities into that vision. A leader who will guide and support me with gentleness and understanding. A man who is strong but chooses to open himself to vulnerability. I need a man who wants me more than anything but is independent enough to stand on his own. I want a man who has discipline and self-control who is not swayed by unhealthy desires or passions. A man who is loyal and is committed to protecting and nurturing what is his.

Is there a man out there like this? I sure hope so. In order to be worthy of him, there are always things I need to be working on as well. Tonight I worked on my baking skills! We're having a fundraiser tomorrow for our South Africa trip. Hopefully people buy my stuff!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment