Monday, November 2, 2009

Updates

Whew! One test down! It wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. There really wasn’t enough time though! Most of the class was still testing when they called time. I would have done better if I would have had 20 more minutes to double check my answers. Oh well, I’m just glad it’s over- now onto the next one!

At some point, I’d like to have time to write about what I’ve been struggling with recently. I’ve told some people, so maybe writing it down isn’t as important anymore, but it still helps me work through everything. Maybe I’ll have time next week, although by then I’ll probably have a whole new set of issues!

It’s sooooo beautiful outside today! Finally! After two straight weeks of nasty gloomy weather this change is most welcome! It’s sad though, that the instructors feel the need to entomb us in this conference room by completely lowering the blackout shades so we can’t see outside at all. Depressing.

Anyway, this weekend was a lot of fun. It was cool being home in KC and hanging out with my friends from COMO - kind of a mash up of both extremes of my world. We went to the American Royal to see the Championship Bull Riding. I love going to the American Royal – I think those of us from the KC area should support is as much as possible. I mean, it’s really cool that Kansas City hosts the largest livestock show in the world (and has for 110 years)!

The Halloween party with Oasis was great. Got to meet some new people and spend time with my old friends. Oh! And we went out to lunch Sunday and I got our table free dip because the waiter said I had a nice smile!!! Haha! What is it with me and waiters!?! Evidently I magically become more attractive when I’m in a restaurant and boys think I’m cute… or maybe they just want a better tip!

I’d better wrap this up – class is about to end. Yes, I have been very bad and am ignoring today’s public health lecture on Hepatitis. Bad Lisa!

No comments:

Post a Comment