Monday, November 30, 2009

God Talk

I had a good talk with God Friday night. I am so amazed that He still wants me after everything I’ve done and continue to do. I’m so easily distracted. All the shiny things and all the interesting people just catch my attention so quickly. I was ashamed to realize that often I am so eager to learn everything I can about something I have seen or heard about while I have never really felt that intense, immediate need to know Christ. Sure, I’ve experienced times of longing to know my savior, but the extreme excitement of learning about something I’m interested in is much more consuming than my desire to really get to know Christ has ever been.

But I was reassured that He knows my inner-workings and loves me anyway. “God loves us for ourselves.” He loves my enthusiasm and patiently waits for me to turn it and use it to seek after Him. I appreciate that the Spirit has convicted me about this lately. “The God we love may sometimes chasten us, it is true. But even this He does with a smile – the proud, tender smile of a Father who is bursting with pleasure over an imperfect but promising daughter who is coming everyday to look more and more like the One whose child she is.”

“WE PLEASE HIM MOST, BY THROWING OURSELVES INTO HIS ARMS WITH ALL OUR IMPERFECTIONS AND BELIEVING THAT HE UNDERSTANDS EVERYTHING – AND LOVES US STILL.”

Father thank you for your never-changing love. I don’t deserve it but today I will wrap myself within it.

No comments:

Post a Comment