Saturday, October 3, 2009

Wesley was a smart man

"O God, fill my soul with so entire a love of Thee that I may love nothing but for Thy sake and in subordination to Thy love. Give me grace to study Thy knowledge daily that the more I know Thee, the more I may love Thee. Create in me a zealous obedience to all Thy commands, a cheerful patience under all Thy chastisements, and a thankful resignation to all Thy disposals. Let it be the one business of my life to glorify Thee by every word of my tongue, by every work of my hand, by professing Thy truth, and by engaging all men, so far as in me lies, to glorify and love Thee." ~John Wesley

I'm starting a new accountability group tomorrow. Nervous and excited to see how things go. I don't know any of these ladies. Maybe that will turn into a good thing. I'm doing this so that I may grow closer with my God and purposefully seek him on a more regular basis. Groups like this allow you to open up and share motives behind thoughts and deeds - I hope that I can be vulnerable enough to share so I might be corrected in love and guided in the light.

No comments:

Post a Comment