Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Lisa Lost

What makes me who I am? Am I solely an unending chain of amino acids that orchestrate my every mood and motion? Are all my quirky traits inherited or are they learned? Just how much of me was determined by my biological parents? What have I acquired from my adoptive parents? Just how deep does nature vs. nurture run?

I saw a lot of myself in Holly. I see a lot of myself in my mother. I have a very interesting view point right now. Re-learning who I am and what makes me tick in relation to the many people who have contributed to my person. Physically I am a mix of my birthparents, most visibly my maternal side though. Vocally I take after Holly, musically after Matt. Emotionally I am like my mother, shy and reserved. I think like my adoptive parents in regards to most of life’s bumps and bunny trails. My sweet-tooth is inherited from both of my mothers.

Is anything simply mine? Is there any part of me that isn’t someone else's?

No comments:

Post a Comment