Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Friends and Milestones

I love my friends. They are one of the most important things in my life. And there are a certain special few who are irreplacable and extremely precious. I would do anything for these girls. And I know they would do anything for me. I laugh when they laugh, cry when they cry, and care more about them than I can express. I treasure the intimate connections between us - the ache for their wholeness and wellbeing, the joy and excitement of sharing milestones and victories, the sorrow and heaviness of sharing a burden. I am so honored that these women have let me into their lives and so blessed that I can share mine with them. I love you all.

I am facing a huge milestone in my life...

Tomorrow I will meet my birthmother for the first time. I have no idea what to expect, I have no inkling of how I'll feel. I'm just now starting to get nervous. Will I cry? I know she probably will. My parents will too, come to think about it. Will that embarass me? More than likely, yes, because I don't like being the center of attention in that way.

I'm more than confident that my parents know that this does not change our relationship. They are still my Mom and Dad - nothing in the world could change that. They raised me. My mother is my best friend and I love my Daddy more than anything. I still worry about what they are going through on my account though. My mom isn't always strong emotionally, so I hope that everything goes well and there is never a moment where she feels out of place or underappreciated.

Well, I'd better get packing. I have a big, big weekend ahead. Please pray for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment