Saturday, October 9, 2010

In a Fog of Daydreams

So today hasn't been very productive.  I went to small group accountability/Bible study this morning.  It was really good to spend some quality time with Alicia and Kim again.  Then I came home, ate some lunch, picked up the apartment, and started the laundry.  I did a little bit of studying before becoming distracted and making a run to Hobby Lobby to get materials so that I could make a "Remington box".  As I was cleaning off my desk, I came across some little mementos of our time together that I want to save, but didn't have a place for.  I figured HobLob would have plenty of options and ideas for me.  The box turned out well (if I do say so myself) and I can't wait to keep filling it with memories!


I really think I might be falling in love with this man!  Being away from him this long is really hard.  And whenever I think about him, I can't help but smile!  He is so incredibly sweet and kind.  I can definitely see us getting married someday (in fact, I'm starting to think of it more often than I should)!  People always warn you to go slow and that if you've never dated before, to be careful not to fall for a man just because he's the first one who's shown interest.  That advice is all well and good - for an 18 year old.  I'm not saying that I've totally disregarded those warnings, but I think at 25 I have had a good chance to get to know myself and what I both want and need in a life partner. 

It's so weird to think that I could potentially (and theoretically girls, don't worry nothings been said yet - just my girl-brain jumping ahead) be married before I graduate vet school.  Haven't really thought about the logistics, but when our relationship reaches that point, I know neither of us will want a long engagement!  But then again, I'm not sure I could plan a wedding during clinics!  It's not important right now anyway - it's a long ways off and I really shouldn't be building up these ideas in my head.  But the idea of being HIS makes me very happy.  Who would have thought that the cute new guy at the Halloween party 2 years ago would be such a big part of my life now!?!

Anyway, enough of my daydreaming!  I need to get back to some serious studying.  I have 7 tests in the span of 5 days.  This week is going to be a gauntlet of massive proportions.  Please pray for perseverance and the ability to focus and absorb what I am supposed to be learning.  Just one more week, but it just might be the hardest week of my entire schooling!

No comments:

Post a Comment