Monday, September 14, 2009

Undeserved Love

I know I need You. I need to love You. I'd love to see You, and it's been so long. I long to feel You. I feel this need for You. And I need to hear You, is that so wrong?

Now you pull me near You. When we're close I fear You. Still I'm afraid to tell You all that I've done. Are You done forgiving or can You look past my pretending? Lord, I'm so tired of defending what I've become. What have I become?

I hear You say,

"My love is over, it's underneath, it's inside, it's in between.

The times you doubt Me, when you can't feel.
The times that you've questioned 'is this for real?'
The times you've broken, the times that you mend.
The times you hate Me and the times that you bend.

Well My love is over, its underneath, it's inside, it's in between.

These times you're healing and when your heart breaks.
The times that you feel like you've fallen from grace.
The times you're hurting, the times that you heal.
The times you go hungry and are tempted to steal.

In times of confusion and chaos and pain.
I'm there in your sorrow under the weight of your shame.
I'm there through your heartache, I'm there in the storm.
My love, I will keep you by my power alone.

I don't care where you've fallen or where you have been.
I'll never forsake you, My love never ends, it never ends."

No comments:

Post a Comment